Monday, March 30, 2009

More Quilts..........

Click photo for detail.
This 1st quilt was amazing.....The quilt is 21x21.......Its foundation paper pieced and the the sashing is all done in Silk Ribbon ....The blocks are 1/20th of the original size.

I thought this one was striking colors and I luv Applique.....
This is wonderful to me,very traditional feel.



This was made in 1955, my birth year.It was marked $760.I wish I could have brought it home.......Oh well,atleast I have a pic.
Hope to see you soon, Amy

6 comments:

  1. That first quilt is stunning. I don't see any ribbons on it. Did it win anything? If it didn't that is a shame. Love the other ones too. I have not ever seen a red singer like that before. It is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmm,delicious quilt show!
    Thanks for the pics. The first one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the full size pattern for the rose quilt and that's difficult enough. I saw this one in a mag, it's astounding. Thanks for the show and tell, loved looking at them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...that first quilt is totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the traditional quilt, I have so many of the fabrics in that quilt. Gives me some ideas for using mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm blown away! It never ceases to amaze me the amount of talented people out there.

    I've seen the different colored Featherweights on ebay and I don't think they're that expensive. There's a fellow named Dave who refurbishes them and will paint them any color you'd like. Check them out on ebay, Amy...under Featherweight Sewing MAchines.

    Thanks for sharing. The quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete